Photoscore dropping intermittent piano stave braces

Discuss Photo Score issues here.
bluboy

Post by bluboy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has been posted before. I've searched but can't find a thread and it seems like it should be such an easily fixable problem...

Often when scanning with photoscore ultimate 6, I find every now and then, it just doesn't see a barline joining L and R hand staves of a piano part OR the barline joining the vocal line and the 2 piano staves. So, assuming 3 bars to a line, I might get bars 1 to 3 all fine piano and vocal all together, but then the next line it will dissociate the vocal and piano, leaving bars 4-6 as a single line vocal and then calling the next line of piano, bars 7-9, when it should all be together as bars 4-6.

In sibelius, I have tried adding braces, highlighting the barline at the start of the line and dragging handles, adding lines "between staves" etc etc to no success.

Is there a way of re joining those intermittently occuring split staves back together? Any help to rectify this in EITHER photoscore or Sibelius 6 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

dsmusic

Post by dsmusic » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi try this

In some scores, e.g. music for organ, or 'cut-away' scores in which instruments are re-introduced in the middle of the page, you may need to create a brace in the middle of a system. To do this:

•Assuming the brace occurs at a barline, select the bar after this barline (as a 1-bar passage)
•Open the Bars panel of the Properties window, and increase Gap before bar very slightly wth the arrows (e.g. to 0.03 or 0.06) until a brace appears. (This effectively creates a divided system, like a coda, but with a minuscule gap.)
•In the same panel uncheck Initial barline and Clefs
•You will probably need to move the first note left to close the gap where the clefs would have gone: drag it as far left as it will go, then with the note still selected decrease X in the General panel of the Properties window until it is correctly positioned. (Simiarly for any note/rest at the start of the bar in the left hand.)
•Finally, drag the second note leftwards until the gap between the first two notes is normal.
Note that in a 'cut-away' score, if some instruments were already playing at the point at which some braced instruments are reintroduced, any brackets and/or braces that apply to the instruments already playing will reappear, which is undesirable. To fix this, define one or more new staff types based on the staff types used by those existing instruments, switching off the Draw brackets option in the Edit Instruments or Edit Staff Type dialog (see Edit Instruments or Edit Staff Types in your User Guide for more details on this procedure), and use these new staff types for the continuing instruments at the point where the braced instruments reappear.

Digital Lee

hi

Post by Digital Lee » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:38 am

awww.... Athlon thanks. I was expecting to stay newbie for a while.
Iam new here... :lol:

digital photo frame best digital picture frames 7 inch digital photo frame 10 inch digital photo frame

alacemessi

Post by alacemessi » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:59 am

Dont you thing blowing musical instruments with braces would be bit difficult :cry:

alison3492

Post by alison3492 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:08 pm

hi everyone ,
Thanks for sharing such informative posts about photoshop but can anyone tell me where i can find its complete tutorial please ?
alison