Merging scores in Photoscore?

Discuss Photo Score issues here.
maxwell

Post by maxwell » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:35 am

Hi everybody,
I just scanned some scores in photoscore and I was wondering how to merge them into one single score, thus the pages have an ascending bar number from start to finish instead of each score starts again with a new bar number order? I might assemble all of them with acrobat and then rescan the whole but I thought there might be a way just to MERGE them all into one score in photoscore,
can anybody help? Or else is it possible to edit the bar numbers that are automatically assigned to each score? Thanks

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:29 pm

Try this.
As you scan sheets of music, you have the opportunity to name each page. So give each page the same title with consecutive page numbers. I think PhotoScore will do that once you start. That should combine all your pieces into one.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

maxwell

Post by maxwell » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi bobp,
Thanks for the tip, I tried it and it works. What I wanted to do was to get some already scanned pages into a single score because
I had trouble with one of the pages that I scanned and it had a staff missing, so I tried rescan the page to replace the faulty one, but the scanner just buzzsaws and seems to roll over ad over or sometimes stops halfway and gets stuck! This is why I had to rescan it later in a single file and I wanted to merge it in with the others.

bobp

Post by bobp » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:40 pm

I hate when that happens.

You can save scan sessions. That way if you finally get a page to scan properly, you just have to make sure you have PS read them in the correct order.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

pianowillbebach
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Windows

Post by pianowillbebach » Thu May 23, 2019 1:54 am

I know this thread is old, but I just wanted to provide an updated option in case anyone still looks at this for reference. Scanscore is a program i tried out recently, and it allows you to merge scores, plus you can edit any mistakes when you scan in https://scan-score.com/en

Edit: added link