Wish list

Discuss Photo Score issues here.
BrizzoRay
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Windows

Post by BrizzoRay » Sat May 16, 2015 2:14 am

I regularly need to scan concert band bass clef concert pitch tuba parts for transposition and printing as treble clef parts for my Bb bass saxophone. Photoscore Ultimate scans the original concert band parts with few errors. Occasionally them have been no errors! Dance band music does not fare as well. Multiple bars of rest are are rarely interpreted correctly by Photoscore Ultimate. The text "Cresc." mostly becomes "Cresco". The ^ accent frequently becomes a capital letter 'A'. It would be nice if Photoscore Ultimate inserted missing bar lines at the right hand end of staves. When editing the Photoscore Ultimate output I frequently have to insert multiple bar lines for multiple bars of rest or for truncated staves but Photoscore Ultimate obliges me to go through the bar line selection process over and over instead of just once.

Despite this criticism I am blown away by the capability of Photoscore Ultimate. I will happily upgrade to a newer version that addresses some or all of the abovementioned situations.

Finally, might I suggest that the very old items be deleted from this forum - e.g. somebody seeking assistance in 2006.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Sat May 16, 2015 7:53 am

Remember that this is not the official Sibelius forum and I'm not aware of anyone really looking after it, so no chance of deleting the old stuff. This forum is very quiet so much of it is old anyway!

You might ask the question about Photoscore at the official chat page for Sibelius, this forum won't let me post a link.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:08 am

You'd be much better off posting this on the Neuratron website. They are the producers of PhotoScore!
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk