Exporting Photoscore into Sibelius 7.5

Discuss Photo Score issues here.
DonB12
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by DonB12 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:04 am

I am having trouble exporting Photoscore (Ultimate Version 7.0.2) into Sibelius 7.5. The score has scanned into Photoscore okay but when I aim to save it I am not given an opportunity to save it as an appropriate file type (the only options given are TIFF or .bmp files which are not appropriate for Sibelius. I believe there should be an .opt file type option, or similar).

I have seen comments on another forum thread that it is not possible to “Send to Sibelius” when using 7.5 and indeed I cannot see this button on Photoscore. I have tried closing /reopening the Sibelius and Photoscore programs, and even having an open score in Sibelius before opening Photoscore as somebody in the thread suggested, but still no luck. I have even tried uninstalling and re-installing Photoscore.

The strange thing is I have done it before – using the same versions - then, when I previously saved the score in Photoscore, it just appeared in Sibelius automatically, but not now. Can anyone help please?

bobp

Post by bobp » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:38 pm

Well, that's news to me because I send from PS 7.0.2 to Sib 7.5.1 all the time.
Sibelius must be open first, before you open PS.
I don't think I've ever saved a PS file. Once I've got it into Sibelius, I'm done with the PS version.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

DonB12
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by DonB12 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:33 am

Thanks for replying Bob.

Yes, I have ensured that Sib is already open before opening PS but it doesn't help.

You say that you have never saved a PS file, in which case, how do you export it into Sib? Do you have a 'Send to Sib' button? I don't unfortunately. I was under the impression that it had to be saved as an .opt file in PS before it can be found/recognised in Sib. Is that right?

Some background: once I have scanned the music into PS it appears as a mirror image. Whilst in this form it can be saved as an .opt file, and can be opened in Sib, it then appears in Sib still as a mirror image - and plays like one! However, back in PS, once I click on 're-read/re-scan' near the top of the page of the mirror image music, it then appears the right way round (though it needs to be rotated a couple of times to get it the right way up, and to get rid of all the blue staves superimposed over it), but then it can no longer be saved as an.opt file, only as a .TIFF or. bmp file, which is obviously not recognised by Sib.

I would be grateful for any other suggestions.
Regards
Don
PS Thanks for your previous advice, on the Beginners' Board, about trying Sib with Audacity to input from a mic. That worked fine!

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Try having Sibelius open and have a score open also, before opening PS. Seems odd but it might work.

Do you have both programs installed in default locations? Or at least on the same drive?

Yes, I have the send to Sibelius button. But not after first install. After doing the above, the button is always there.

Having PS open your PDF as a mirror image Is a red flag to me. What type of system are you on? Deleting PS does not get rid of everything. After deleting, you might need to do a search for and delete anything related to PS, or use a good registry cleaner.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop