Embedding Scorch in HTML Page - Various Issues

Disucssion of all scorch issues.
InHouse

Post by InHouse » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Hello,

We've encountered a number of issues when embedding a Scorch .sco file to be played via a browser plug-in and would love to get some help.

Firstly, all the issues surround IE. FireFox, Chrome, Safari have all behaved well throughout.

We have implemented Scorch to be shown in a lightbox. We've tried having the actual plug-in as an inline element and as a sperately loaded file within the lighbox. Results are mixed, but in general the separate file approach was slightly better. The only real problem there being that when the lightbox was closed, the sound of the score would keep on playing. The only way to shut it off was to reload the parent page (refresh). This was the case on IE9 32-bit, the 64-bit version of the browser didn't have this issue and all worked well.

When the Scorch plug-in was placed as an inline element and exposed through the lightbox we ran into many other problems with the Active-X plug-in claiming to be loaded but never being invoked or appearing in the plug-in list. It also seems to conflict with other 3rd party services under IE 64-bit, but less so in the 32-bit version. We've also seen isuses with the plug-in not behaving under a strict HTML5 IE 9 page base, while being fine if the browser is sent into Quicks or Compatibility mode.

All these things lead me to ask several questions:

1 - Could I please get the latest embed code for Scorch? I'm not sure if I have the latest and greatest recommended code and I'm having problems finding it reliably online.

2 - Are there any parameters that you can recommend to force IE 9 to recognize when the plug-in is no longer on the page and playing? This refers to an external HTML file, bearing only Scorch, being loaded in a lightbox.

3 - Can you recommend a lightbox script that you know works well with Scorch?

4 - Can you remmend a method to get Scorch reliably installed on IE?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Jayme

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:59 pm

You're asking on the wrong forum. Try the official Sibelius technical chat page for this sort of query.

http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3

Andy