Playback using m-audio keystation 49

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
DSW

Post by DSW » Thu May 31, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi - When I was using Windows 7, my m-audio key rig 49 worked perfectly with Sib 6.2. I changed to Windows 10 and was still able to use the midi controller except that usage was affected whenever Windows updates were installed. Recently, following updates, the dummy keyboard was totally mute. thought that if I purchased a more up-to-date m-audio keystation49 that the problems would be resolved. I was wrong. I've tried everything I can think of but to no avail. There appears to be no keystation49 driver available for use with Windows 10. Any ideas please...

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu May 31, 2018 9:55 pm

This is an M-Audio question rather than Sibelius.

It appears that some models of the Keystation 49 will never work with Win 10.

http://community.m-audio.com/m-audio/to ... windows-10

"C'est la vie". I have gear that I know won't work past Windows 7, so I don't plan on updating to 10. It's always the same with O/S updates, whether Windows or Mac OS. Eventually, something you have won't work any more. So you either update the gear or don't update the O/S.

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:48 pm

It's worth noting that W10 has an over active setting that turns off power to usb ports that it thinks aren't being used. I ran into this recently with a wireless mouse and keyboard setup. The mouse kept freezing and would sometimes shut the computer down. Could be that the computer doesn't think your keyboard is plugged into it, even though you may have just had something else just in the same port because the power is turned off. Should it have turned the power back on when the keyboard was plugged in? Sure, but things don't always work like they should. You can turn off this function for each usb port using the Device Manager. It's intended to save power, which might be useful on a laptop on battery power, but not so much for everything else.
Worth a try, and it can't hurt.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop