How did a score in Sibelius 7 First get there

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
AlanS
Sibelius Version: First
Operating System: Windows

Post by AlanS » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:46 pm

I have Sibelius 7 First installed on my computer, and use this to compose hymns and melodies.
In July 2017, a file entitled 'Do not stand at my grave and weep' appeared in my file box. It is perfectly annoted with dynamic and phrase markings and is written for solo voice and piano or organ accompaniment. I just do not recall how I got it there.
I had purchased some days before a printed version but this was for four part choir and piano or organ.
I know Sibelius First does not come with Photo score so unlikely to have scanned it in.
Also on my computer , I have a track of the song sung by Katherine Jenkins which is in wave form.
I also have this file in the software 'Audacity'.
Could I have converted this into midi and transferred it into Sibelius and asked it to tidy it up.
Again unlikely as she sings with choir and orchestra
However it is unlikely it would have all the musical notations like dynamics which this file has.
Unfortunately, I did this late at night a year ago and although it must have been a 'Eureka 'moment, I did not make any notes.
Having now discovered this file which would print perfectly, I would like to repeat this with other music.
Can you possibly help?
I have asked music shops and computer experts with no success, and my wife is sick of me mentioning it.
It is a real conundrum!!
Alan Swallow

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:53 pm

Other than VERY simple, perfectly played monophonic melody lines, there is no way to convert audio to MIDI/notation, other than the #1 ear and good transcribing skills. So there's no way you converted audio to MIDI/notation with Sibelius!

As to how that file appeared, your guess is as good as mine, but I'd bet that if it's a Sibelius file, someone sent it to you. If it's a pdf or xml file, you probably purchased it.