Exporting Audio with Sibelius First

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sumguy002
Sibelius Version: 8.?
Operating System: Windows

Post by sumguy002 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:22 am

Hi all,

I'm new to Sibelius (using the trial version of Ultimate and will probably end up using First since I'm broke) and am trying to compose classical style music :D . Recently I've dumped a ton of time on the internet trying to figure out how to export one of my works as a Video or Audio to no avail.

I am having the "you can't use this playback configuration because it doesn't contain any virtual instruments" error.

In regards to the Sibelius Sounds library, I have read that it's supposed to be under my.avid.com > My Products >Sibelius First>Product Details and Download Links , but the only links I have found are Photo Score First 8.8.5 and Audio Score First 8.8.5. No Sounds Library(Maybe I am not allowed to have it since I'm on Sibelius First?). Also, I don't really want to download 26 GB of sounds to export a 5 Minute Fugue for Solo Piano.

So then I tried to install other, free Virtual Sound Libraries. I have (free) Kontakt 5 Player and a 600 mb free sound library that came with it. I've linked it to Sibelius using LoopMIDI and have been able to successfully get a playback from Sibelius. (I did this with: Play>Setup, created a playback device, linked it to LoopMIDI along with Kontakt Player, then disabled it as a note input option in File>Preferences to avoid loops). My music plays like it's supposed to when I hit "P". AFAIK Kontakt Player, LoopMIDI, and Sibelius must all be running at the same time for this to work.

However, when I tried to import it using the playback device I had made (the one that linked to Kontakt) instead of "General MIDI", I have the same error. I'm completely lost now since I thought what I did counted as a virtual instrument. Google can't seem to help me any more :(

Does anyone know what's going on regarding the Virtual Instruments? How can I make the Kontakt Player input to Sibelius count as a virtual instrument? Or is there something else I need to do entirely?

For reference, here is the sound library I had downloaded and am using. I'm not sure if it makes any difference: native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-5-player/free-download/

Thanks a ton for any help! If there is something I can to at this point to get Sibelius sounds, I'm definitely desperate enough to do it :?

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:50 am

According to the Avid comparison chart https://www.avid.com/sibelius-ultimate/ ... nd-Sharing you can't export audio directly from Sib First.

Neither can you use external vsti libraries to playback your music. This is only available in the full Sibelius/Sibelius Ultimate.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk