Full Screen Mode Bug

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
elruinc
Sibelius Version: 2018.7
Operating System: Mac

Post by elruinc » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:11 pm

Hello Friends

I want to report a bug but I don't know if it is something that is reproducible across the Sibelius community.

When I am at home I work with 2 monitors. However, on the go I use multiple desktops within my laptop so I can flip between Sibelius and Transcribe. I am running a MacBook Pro 15 inch with High Sierra. Full screen has always had an issue for me. I would enter to full screen mode but be unable to exit. Now with the latest updates (both 2018.11 & 2018.12) that issue is gone but a new one has replaced it. When I put Sibelius into full screen mode I can't flip back and forth between multiple desktops. It automatically collapses and hides the Sibelius window when I make the switch between desktops. Very annoying.

The work around is easy: click and drag the Sibelius window to the full size of the monitor. However, IMO that is a sloppy back door fix. The full screen expand button should work.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a simple setting that I am overlooking that would cause this issue?

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the guidance.

Eric

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:44 am

Are you sure you need two desktops to do this kind of thing?
Sibelius display can be a bit wonky on a mac. Yes, full screen should work and, as you say, it does at first. But there may be something unexpected happening when you move focus away from that desktop. Sounds funny, but what happens if you minimize Sibelius before you change desktops. Shouldn't make any difference, but you never know.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

aseewald
Sibelius Version: 2018.12
Operating System: Mac

Post by aseewald » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:24 pm

I have the exact same problem on my MacBook Pro — since the last update. If I press the expand button, it opens Sibelius onto a new Desktop and if you flick back and forth, it'll lose the window.

I have to remember to use Alt + Maximise to prevent this issue — which is extremely annoying.