Lyrics on all parts?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
mcm
Sibelius Version: 2018.11
Operating System: Mac

Post by mcm » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:43 am

Hello -

I'm and new user and am doing some arrangements for an elementary school band whose members would greatly benefit from being able to see the lyrics underneath (or above) their individual parts. I have a voice part made and have successfully entered the lyrics into that part. Is there a way to make the lyrics (text) visible on the other non-voice parts as well? What I read in the documentation did not seem to mention anything, but I'm hoping I overlooked something or that there is a work around - surely I'm not the first person in this situation?

Thank you for your help.

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:49 pm

There are many options for types of text. Maybe "other staff text". I don't remember ever seeing anything in the manual about adding lyrics to non vocal parts. But look anyway. If you add a lyrics line to any part, the lyrics will try a align with notes. It will require a bit of editing to fix.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:18 pm

You can add lyrics to any part, but it's only going to make any kind of sense if the parts are rhythmically identical. Select the vocal line, filter for lyrics (Home->Filter->Lyrics) then press [ctrl/cmd]c
Select the first bar of all the other parts and press [ctrl/cmd]v.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk