Editing a tempo command text causing playback confusion.

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Greg
Sibelius Version: 2019.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by Greg » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:36 am

I would like to edit a tempo command text «Tempo primo» to its abbreviation «t.p.». I wish to do so in an intro where there is lots of «acc.» and «rall.» passages and to avoid the redundancy of a two word text : «Tempo primo». When I edit the command text with the inspector, the abbreviation (although in pink and associated with its previous command) is ignored by the playback engine. I have to re-enter the whole original text and hide it, and write «t.p.» in normal system txt. When I do so, it triggers a random command, something like a thinning of the harmonic content not unlike una corda for piano, although the entered instrument is an acoustic guitar. The only turnaround I could find is to assign the t.p. text to a non existent voice :) Is there a more elegant solution to this?

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:21 am

Yes. Create a new text definition in the dictionary, based on Tempo Primo. In this case, once created, tick case sensistive as well.
Attachments
playback dict.png
playback dict.png (125.89 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

Greg
Sibelius Version: 2019.1

Post by Greg » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:52 pm

Thank you Mike... Now I understand your post disappearance. It didn't disappear after all... I posted the same question on the Avid website, you saw it here and then, you saw it on the other site and thought it had vanished. I guess I shouldn't have done this... But thank you for your answer, it worked indeed! Have a nice day.

Greg