Can't deactivate sibelius 2018

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
kevblack78
Sibelius Version: 2018
Operating System: Windows

Post by kevblack78 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:41 am

Hi,

I'm moving my Sibelius 2018 from one PC to another but am unable to deregister Sibelius from the "old" PC.
I've successfully installed on the new PC but I think it means one of my 2 licences is stuck on the "old" PC which is not good for the future.

When I go to Sibelius file-help and press the "deactivate" button all that happens is it goes back to the home page.
If I go back to the help page it sits there saying it is still active.

Avid application manager won't start. It reports "cannot proceed because MSVCP120.dll was not found".
I've deinstalled and reinstalled in and the ms visual c++ libraries but it just wont start.

The PC is a Lenovo T430 running win10. Sibelius is 2018.6 build 1755

So any idea how I can get the copy on my old pc deactivated so I still have 2 licences usable.

Thanks

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:50 pm

Ask this on the official Sibelius forum. If the answer isn't forthcoming from one of the members, Avid's staff regularly check in to see what's happening and one of them, probably Ingrid, will help out. they can always deactivate from their end for you if you continue to have issues.