Sibelius Sounds downloaded but not available

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
iain
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by iain » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:33 pm

Hello.

I have just upgraded to Sibelius 2019.9 I downloaded Sibelius Sounds 7, and can see the file of 420 kB
in C:Program Files/Avid/Sibelius/Sounds.

But when I open Sibelius, and go to Configuration, only General Midi and Sib Essentials (6) are offered as playback options.

Any advice in getting the new sound set would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Iain

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:05 am

Sibelius sounds is about 23GB in size, not 420k. Something must have gone wrong with your download, or maybe you have just downloaded the download manager (avid link)?

When you have downloaded the file (make sure your machine is set to not go to sleep or hiberneation during the process) you will have the sounds in a zip file
sib sounds size.png
sib sounds size.png (4.87 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
Then you will have to unzip the files and run the installer contained therein. You can't do that from within the zip file, it has to be unzipped.. Once you have run the installer and it has finished (nearly as long a process as downloading it, you will THEN have the sounds installed.

You will find several configurations to use Sib 7 sounds in your Config button on the play tab of the ribbon (Jazz, Lite, Chanber etc)
configuration button.png
configuration button.png (36.73 KiB) Viewed 3581 times
Hope this helps
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

iain
Sibelius Version: Ultimate

Post by iain » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:17 pm

Hello Mike,

Many thanks for your help. I had the sounds downloaded, but not installed. (I had time for breakfast while the installation was being done :-)

I now have Sibelius 7 sounds. Yippee!

Thanks again for your help

Iain