Can I remove Staff lines / Staves so note names aren't defined?

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
avidummy
Sibelius Version: new trial V
Operating System: Windows

Post by avidummy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:36 pm

Can I remove Staff lines / Staves so notes aren't defined? In other words, can I show notes in bars so you can tell if they're higher/lower relative to each other but without showing the staff lines to indicate what note they actually are?

I want to do VERY simplistic note/sheet music (see attached image) of, say, quarter notes alternating octaves (see first example bar) or quarter notes going up by whole steps (see second example bar)... WITHOUT committing to showing what the actual notes are on the staff.

Can I DO that with Sibelius? (I just started the Sibelius Ultimate trial) If not, can you tell me what software I CAN do it with? Sibelius is obviously overkill for my needs, so if there's any other music notation software that could do this better please let me know.

Thanks in advance - I've spent hours fiddling around trying to remove the staff lines, it's driving me crazy. :-)
Attachments
Note-RemoveStaffLines.png
Note-RemoveStaffLines.png (16.75 KiB) Viewed 3798 times

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:07 am

Is something like the attached what you are looking for?

I created a new staff based on the unnamed treble
Changed the number of lines to 0, messed around with the staff size (made it very large)
Unticked the box for bar rests
Attachments
new instrument.png
new instrument.png (234.94 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
large blank staff.png
large blank staff.png (86.93 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

avidummy
Sibelius Version: new trial V

Post by avidummy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:59 pm

Yes, yes, yes! That's exactly what I was trying to do, thanks so much Mike! I'm traveling so won't have access to my computer that has Sibelius installed until Sunday, but I will try to recreate what you showed me here, I'm just so glad to know that it's even possible!

(Also Mike, I PM'd you with a question in case you want to take a look, thanks again. :D )