importing font

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Gofnyc
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Windows

Post by Gofnyc » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:45 pm

I wish to import a font not found in Sibelius. The font is installed in my computer but cannot access it in Sibelius. The requested font is for title information on blank page(s).

Gofnyc
Sibelius Version: Ultimate

Post by Gofnyc » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:51 pm

Sibelius does recognize an installed font which is not part of the font choices offered initially. Use a plain text (on blank page)to create the words and then edit that selected text (in the text header). Search the font choices and select the installed font. This is a simple solution. I suppose it is necessary to restart Sibelius after installing any new font in order for the font to become available for use in Sibelius.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:12 pm

Sibelius can use any font that is recognised by and installed under your OS. However, as with any other program, you can't expect it to recognise a font installed while Sib was running. Good practice would be to restart your machine to make sure any newly installed fonts are properly 'bedded in'.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk