“Send to Sibelius” Issue

Discuss Photo Score issues here.
Carlpano
Sibelius Version: 2021.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by Carlpano » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:40 pm

Hello,

Whenever I send music (most often, a church Hymn from Photo Score Ultimate, to Sibelius, the lyrics are always messed up! I end up having to delete them, and typing them in, which, sometimes, takes up a lot of my time, and effort, which seems awfully unnecessary. :(

Any thoughts on what I can do to correct this problem?

Thank you, so much!
Carl

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5

Post by KJ_Palmer » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:43 pm

Is this because you have multiple verses in your hymn scores? If so, unfortunately there's not much you can do without a lot of messing about. This is down to the way Photoscore handles lyrics, rather than a Sibelius problem. PS will lump all scanned lyrics into one lyrics line, as it has no concept of Lyrics line 1, line 2 etc that Sibelius has.

There is a plugin that attempts to separate multiple verses from Photoscore scans, called Extract Verses from PhotoScore Generated Score (under Text > Plugins) that generates lines for each verse that you can copy and paste into Lyrics line 1 etc. that you create, or a text editor for 'further refinement'. You can then add them into the appropriate lyric line via 'From Text file'. I haven't used it myself, and it may not save much/any time in the long run, but it might be worth a try.

There's another plugin called Fix Photoscore Lyrics, which is think was for use on a single lyrics line, but apparently that hasn't worked since Sibelius 6.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:10 pm

PS does not handle any text well. I tend to do the lyrics separately. I type or copy them into Word and then make sure they are properly syllabified before pasting using simple copy/paste.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk