Issues Exporting Audio

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
vgolding
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by vgolding » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:46 pm

First time posting here.

I'm trying to export audio. I have a chart for Band & Choir (SATB), and I want to export separate files for each choir part (e.g. band & soprano, band and alto, etc) so those that don't read music have a practice track to learn their part.

I have done this before in earlier versions of Siblius with no issues. However, when I try to do it now, no matter if I mute the unwanted parts in the mixer, or just "solo" the parts I do want, the only thing I get are the band parts and the Alto choir part. I have made sure that nothing is "selected" on the score, I have restarted Sibelius, restarted my Mac, updated Sibelius, and tried everything I can think of - but it will still only export the Alto part with the band parts - even if I mute ALL the vocal lines - I still get the Alto. It's beyond frustrating. I did find a workaround, by creating a new score with just the parts I need, but this is not practical going forward.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very grateful!!!

Thanks all.

Vicki

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:22 pm

Have you tried just sliding the volume levels on the unwanted instruments to 0 in the mixer before exporting audio? That's what I nornally do when wanting to isolate parts rather than using the mute or solo buttons. If the resulting volume level is too low, you can 'normalise' them with something like the (free) Audacity software.

This, doesn't, of course, answer the question of why you're having audio woes, which may be down to wider problems of system (Mac) incompatiblities or soundcard issues which I'm unqualified to address, but it's worth a try.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

vgolding

Post by vgolding » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:19 am

Yes I did try that - exact same thing. Even when I tried to export just the accompaniment part, with no vocals at all (vox parts were muted and the sliders all the way down) I still got the Alto part. The only work around I could do was to save the file as a series of new documents, and delete the parts that I didn't want to play. This is not cool!!!

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5

Post by KJ_Palmer » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:45 am

Totally agreed. There are some known issues with certain Mac OS's and Sibelius versions, neither of which I have, nor the behaviour you describe. If you can't get an answer here, you're best advised to head over to the official Avid forum / helpdesk, where you have more options.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:42 pm

What is the actual version/number of both your Sibelius Ultimate and your MacOS?
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

vgolding

Post by vgolding » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:21 am

I'm on Mac Monteray 12.6.1, and it's Sibelius Ultimate v 2022.10. I never had this problem before. So frustrating!!!