Sibelius Forum Store | Buy Sheet Music

Convert sixteenth notes to eights in swing music

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).

Convert sixteenth notes to eights in swing music

Postby oldharps » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:47 am

One of the most useful Plug-ins to me is "Straighten Written-out Swing." I use it a lot in dealing with swing music scores.

But when I do I end up with a lot of sixteenth notes preceded by sixteenth rests. Sometimes the sixteenth notes are tied to a longer note and sometimes they are followed by a rest. I would love to have a Plug-in that would convert every instance of a sixteenth rest followed by a sixteenth note to an eighth note of the same pitch as the sixteenth note. If the original score has a tie from the sixteenth note to the next note I would like to have the Plug-in keep the tie to the next note.

I looked at the procedure for creating Plug-ins, but life's too short. Can anyone make history by writing the code?

Thanks,
Al
oldharps

Re: Convert sixteenth notes to eights in swing music

by Sponsor

Forum Sponsor

Re: Convert sixteenth notes to eights in swing music

Postby oldharpd » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:45 pm

After posting this I noticed I neglected to say that the 1/16 rest could be either before or after the 1/16 note. I'm hoping that Bob Z will see this thread and suggest a solution other than a manual fix at each instance.
oldharpd